Sunday, October 28, 2012

Frankenstorm Food

Bracing for the “Frankenstrom” poised to hit the Northeast.  Now is a time for preparedness and caution.  On a lighter note storm prep is also a time for cooking.  I think I’m going to whip up some cookie dough cupcakes tonight!  I just realized they’re not included in the Daniluxe cookbook.  Major oversight...must add! 
 
Anticipating power outages I prepared some sterno reheatable and good at room temperature goodies for the days ahead.  Sauteed  some baby bok choy with red pepper and shitake mushrooms  in a teryaki sauce.  I also pan fried and then steamed a few batches of vegetable and chicken dumplings and made some pan fried tofu with scallions and ginger.

School's closed tommorow. I'm planning to curl up with a few good dvds.  The offbeat  hilarity of Wes Anderson’s “The Fantastic Mr. Fox”  and the moody Richard Burton noir "My Cousing Rachel" are on my viewing list.  How are you guys planning to weather the storm? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment