Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What's for Dinner?

For many of us the answer to that question is determined by whatever ingredients you have on hand. It's noon and i'm chomping on arugula sans dressing.  Friends call what i usually consume "not even a salad really,  more of a vegetable medley" and I'm cool with that.  Drowning greens in mayonnaise does not a salad make.

Back to dinner..."What's for dinner?" I asked myself and nothing came to mind.  There's nothing in my fridge, as per usual.  I mean there's like 6 varieties of cheese, organic zucchini, red pepper....zucchini, red pepper...GREEN CURRY!  One of my favorite things in life.  I have basil too.  Nothing like having the right array of almost nothing to make something truly divine.

Thai Green Curry

1/2 cup white cooking wine
1 cup coconut milk
2 chicken breasts
1 zucchini
1/2 a red pepper
1 tsp minced ginger
1tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp canola oil
1/8 cup green curry powder
1 tbsp flour

Sautee ginger and garlic in oil until garlic is lightly browned.  Cut chicken into strips and pan fry over medium heat until cooked through, about 6 mins.

Add coconut milk, cooking wine, vegetables and green curry powder.  Sift flour into pan stirring slowly to avoid clumps.  Simmer over medium heat until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment